This recipe will come in handy during our summer season when blueberries are plentiful! These delicious muffins are great for easy breakfasts on school days or a quick pick-me-up during the work day.
- Jumbo muffin tin or regular muffin tin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/14 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (if you’re using frozen, make sure you defrost them)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into the wet mixture.
- In a small bowl, lightly mush half your berries and stir them into the batter.
- Fold in remaining berries. The batter will be thick so you don’t have to worry about the berries sinking to the bottom during baking.
- You can use liners or simply spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin tins leaving 1/3 room in the cups so muffins can rise.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes (starting the oven at higher heat gives you a higher muffin top and lowering the heat will prevent your muffins from drying out).
- Remove muffins and allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
Visit our blog for more delicious recipes!